I have so many ideas for my home cook holiday gift guide that I needed make a second post! I’ve had a hard time narrowing down my list, but I truly love everything I mention or express interest in. I hope I’m able to help you find that perfect gift for the cook in your life!
If you missed it, part 1 of my home cook holiday gift guide was all about ‘Tis the Season to Season – gifts any home cook would enjoy using for seasoning dishes. Part 2 below is dedicated to my favorite tools in the kitchen (or ones on my wishlist!).
- Instant Pot – If you’ve read my past posts, you know I LOVE the Instant Pot. Whether you like to cook or not, the Instant Pot should be a staple in your kitchen. The Instant Pot combines 7 kitchen appliances in 1: Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Steamer, Sauté, Yogurt Marker and Warmer, and prepares dishes up to 70% faster. This magical device will save you SO much time and I use it several times a week. The 6-quart ultra is OVER 50% oFF today only for Cyber Monday! I own this 6-quart (38% off), and the 8-quart one (15% off) is even better for preparing larger meals or cooking for a family. Instant Pot accessories are also currently 25% off on Amazon – I suggest the tempered glass lid for reheating the pot on the stove and for storing pot in fridge.
- Spiralizer – This a great gift for anyone who loves to cook, especially if they are health-conscious. I’ve had a spiralizer for a few years and love using it to make zoodles (zucchini pasta) and vegetable salads. This cookbook is a perfect gift to go with it (I’ve tried many of the recipes).
- Cast Iron Skillet – Aside from the Instant Pot, a cast iron skillet is probably the next kitchen tool I use most often. Lodge offers really affordable and high quality cookware and I like to use their cast iron skillet for bacon, grilled chicken and roasted veggies.
- Lemon Juicer – I think almost everything tastes better with a little drizzle of fresh lemon or lime juice. I’m looking for a new lemon juicer and have my eye on this one. Cook’s Illustrated rated it their top choice after trying over a dozen models (and it’s Amazon’s best seller).
- Zester/Grater – A good zester is key for when recipes call for citrus zest, cheese or spices. I’ve heard great things about this one, and would like to try it!
- Garlic Mincer – I love garlic but I hate chopping it. I got this garlic mincer back in 2015, and it has been such a time saver in the kitchen for me (don’t bother with the plastic ones – they do not work!).
- Splatter Screen – If you hate cleaning up those annoying grease splatters all over your oven (who doesn’t?), this is for you. I can’t believe I never knew about these until recently. Splatter screens are great for using over pots, pans and skillets to avoid a messy cleanup. Consider gifting this along with the cast iron skillet.
- Pie Drip Pan – This was added to my list just a few days ago as I used my Mom’s while baking Thanksgiving pies. If you know someone who loves to bake, a pie saver is a perfect gift (and dual-purposed as a serving tray!). Also consider pairing the pan with these adjustable pie crust shields – very useful around the holidays!
- Kyocera Knives – I was introduced to this brand of ceramic knives when I moved to SoCal. My roommate had a set, but she has since moved to San Francisco. I’m now hoping to have a set of my own – they are amazing! This 5-piece Kyocera knife block set is also on sale.
- Bakeware Set – These uniquely designed, thick aluminized steel baking sheets look like a cook/baker’s dream – and they are currently 50% OFF for Cyber Monday! I love to roast veggies in the oven and am in need of some high-quality rimmed baking sheets like these.
- La Creuset Shallow French Oven – At OVER 50% OFF, this is an amazing deal. When not using my Instant Pot or Cast Iron Skillet, I like to use my dutch oven (I own this one) for browning and slow cooking.
- Stainless Steel Electric Mill Set – Currently 75% OFF (only $20), this stylish electric set is something that will impress cooks and guests – it delivers freshly ground pepper or salt at the touch of a button, has a LED light for visibility in dim light, and adjusts from fine to course. Pair this set with Himalayan Pink Salt (which I talk about in Part 1 of my Home Cook Holiday Gift Guide) or this cute Sea Salt Sampler for the ultimate gift.
- Avocado Slicer – A 3-in-1 tool that splits, pits and slices avocados – this has been on my wish list for quite awhile!
- Immersion Blender / Hand Blender – I use this tool so much more than I thought I ever would. I love that it is so compact (great for anyone with a small living space) and serves so many purposes. I use it for making homemade mayo, soup, salsa/marinade, whipped cream and pureeing fruit/vegetables. Plus, this particular one (that I own) also comes with a whisk, chopper/grinder attachment and mixing/measuring beaker (all for only $40!). A pricer option for cooks with a larger kitchen and looking for more blending power, is the infamous Vitamix – currently up to $150 off and free shipping.
- Herb Scissors – A good gift to pair with this herb garden (over 50% off) I list in Part 1 of my Home Cook Holiday Gift Guide. These scissors are over 80% OFF and only $6! I use fresh herbs as much as possible and these would really come in handy.
- Mini Brushes – I bought these on a whim at a La Creuset Outlet store in D.C. many years ago and they are amazing! The brushes work well for basting and spreading sauces. I also recommend this La Creuset Jar Scraper (currently free shipping and free gift with purchase) for removing food from jars, cans and more. The larger spatula version is on major sale here.
- Serving Plates – All full-priced items are 20% off at Anthropologie and I absolutely love all of their kitchen and dining ware. These serving plates are great for cooks who love to host dinner parties and style food for Intagrammable and blog-worthy shots. Other favorites include these rustic plates, these mineral dessert plates, this pink mimira serving platter, and these gorgeous agate cheese boards.
What are your favorite tools in the kitchen? What is on your wish list? Let me know in the comments below!