Although it’s now officially fall, it sure feels like summer in SoCal. One of my favorite things to do since moving here in June is go to the Hermosa Beach Farmers Market. Located on the legendary Hermosa Beach Pier, you can enjoy the beautiful ocean view setting while supporting the local farmers and shop owners.
Fun fact – a scene with Ryan Reynolds in the the 2017 Oscar Best Picture LaLa Land was filmed on the pier. Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti even declared April 25 as La La LandDay. I enjoyed watching the movie on the beach as part of the Hermosa Beach Free Movie and Concert Nights.
But back to the farmers market – there are SO MANY samples, so it’s fun (and filling) to try everything before you buy. The fresh fruit is especially amazing. I avoided fruit for a long time because of digestion issues, but I’ve recently started to incorporate it back into my diet.
I love trying new salad combos and this one with farmers market nectarines and peaches is a favorite!
- PREP TIME: 5 Minutes
- SERVINGS: 1 Serving
- A few handfuls of organic spinach/spring mix
- 1 organic nectarine or peach
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- 1 medium organic tomato, sliced
- 1/4 cup organic english cucumber, chopped
- A few slices of prosciutto, ripped
- 1 handful pumpkin seeds
- Dressing: Drizzle olive oil (this brand is my favorite) and champagne vinegar. Top with a little sea salt and fresh ground pepper.
What is your favorite salad combo? Let me know in the comments below!